Thursday, July 24, 2014

DIY Face Masks for Healthy, Sexy, and Glowing Skin!


In this economy and also just as a young woman who basically puts all of her money towards an apartment, food, and tuition, it can be REALLY freakin hard to find beauty products that are amazing but don't cost what I basically workout in my mind to be either 1. groceries for the week or 2. gas for my car.......but not to fear! Consider me your Frugal Face Mask Fairy Godmother!  
Being a rather a frugal gal I have found some absolutely amazing face masks that you can easily make at home with everyday ingredients that you either probably have in your pantry already, or can buy for a few dollars at your local market. 


One of my staple go to ingredients for my face masks almost always involves LEMONS!! They are kind of like my second boyfriend(sorry babe) and have so many amazing healing properties!

Lemon Juice

1. Great for cell turnover and because it's acidic it acts as a natural exfoliant
2. Helps get rid of dead skin cells which makes skin softer 
3. Natural disinfectant and helps to kill acne causing bacteria that can lead to breakouts and clogged pores
4. Acts as a natural skin lightener and is AMAZING at helping to improve the appearance of acne scars and skin discoloration

You know those icky red marks that linger way after your pimple is gone and can take weeks or even months to fade? Well I do, and they suck, so my favorite way to lighten them and also help with any current breakouts I might be experiencing is with one of my FAVORITE face masks I nicknamed the BURNING MAN, because the lemon juice is acidic and does feel like it's burning your face, but it is not I promise! 



Burning Man

1/2 tsp. of Cinnamon 
1/2 tsp. of Nutmeg
2 tsp. Raw Honey
(none of the nasty stuff with added chemicals and preservatives)
2 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice

Mix it all up in a bowl and apply all over your face. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then gently wash off with warm water and follow up with a light moisturizer. TAD DAH!!!! Bask in the glory that is your soft and sexy skin!

A lot of people(myself included) tend to use too many products at once, which means a lot of harsh chemical irritants on your face which can cause redness and irritation. This Honey-Yogurt Moisturizing Mask is the perfect remedy for that! 




Honey-Yogurt Moisturizing Mask

1 tbs. Plain Yogurt
1/2 tbs. Raw Honey
1 tbs. Cucumber Pulp
(grate the cucumber on a cheese grater) 
(optional) 1 tsp. of Lemon Juice

Yogurt is amazing for your skin because the lactic acid helps to reduce the size of your pores. It also acts as an amazing moisturizer as well as helps to reduce excess oil in the skin. 

Honey brightens and tightens your skin and also helps to heal old acne scars/red marks, as well as healing current breakouts! It's a Win-Win-Win! 

Cucumber soothes any skin irritation and redness and helps to calm down any puffiness.  

Pop some slices of cucumber over your eyes, sit back and relax for 15 minutes as your skin is moisturized and nourished with amazing chemical free ingredients. Wash off with warm water apply some moisturizer if you want even smoother skin, but trust me your skin will feel like as smooth as a baby's bottom! 

Good beauty products don't have to cost an arm and a leg and I swear by my apple cider vinegar obsession as a toner and these face masks to help keep my skin clear and radiant:) I cycled through about every drug store and expensive skin care product there is and I have always come back to these natural remedies to manage the occasional breakout or issues with dry skin. 

Thanks so much reading guys! It means the world to me:) 

Until next time my sexy skincare babes

xoxo Harriet 


No comments:

Post a Comment